'We're going to keep our fingers crossed that he's in next game," Claude Julien said. "He's that close. It's a matter of days here. It's not as serious as most injuries, except that we're being extra cautious early in the season."
The fact that the injury is not too serious is good news for Bruins fans. Hopefully, Marchand will be healthy enough to return to lineup for Saturday's game against the Lightening.
"I've been waiting a long time for this," Spooner said. "I'm extremely happy I get a chance to play."
We'll have to see how this new fourth line gels together. If they look good and don't turn the puck over, they should see a decent amount of ice time. But they probably won't be on the ice late in the game.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Bruins to Send Spooner, Tardif, and Bartowski Back to Providence
- Thornton and Paille not Playing Against Montreal
- Checking up on the Prospects: Ryan Spooner and Seth Griffith
- Top Bruins Moments of 2012: Lucic, Marchand, Seguin Sign Extensions
- Thornton, Paille to Miss Saturday’s Game Vs Toronto
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pp1