According to a tweet from The Providence Journal's Mark Divver, the Bruins are set to make some cuts to their training camp roster. Jamie Tardif, Ryan Spooner, and Matt Bartowski are all expected to be sent back to Providence.
— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) January 17, 2013
None of these players were expected to make the Bruins opening day roster. Tardif and Spooner had a were in competition for a spot on the Bruins third line but the emergence of Chris Bourque in camp has sealed their fate. Bartowski could be called upon in the case of inuries to the D corp, but he also was not expected to stay in Boston.
Aaron Johnson has also been assigned to Providence but not permanently. He will be joining the baby B's for conditioning as he is not expected to get a lot of playing time once the season starts. He is expected to be the Bruins' seventh defenseman and a healthy scratch most nights.
The Bruins still have a few more players to send back to Providence or keep in Boston including Lane MacDermid, Jay Pandolfo, David Warsofsky. A decision on these players will most likely be made in the next few days.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- The Providence Bruins Have Turned Things Around and are Looking to Continue to Move up the Standings
- Checking up on the Prospects: Ryan Spooner and Seth Griffith
- Providence Wins Two of Three Over the Weekend, Climb to Second in Atlantic Division
- Bruins Fall to Providence in Black and Gold Scrimmage
- Providence Bruins Split Weekend Series at St. John’s
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oxp