While the new CBA states that teams do not have any buyouts until the summer, an exception has been made. Scott Gomez (Montreal) and Wade Redden (New York Rangers) were both told by their respective teams not to show up to camp and will not play this year.
If teams do use this early buyout, they will have to pay 100 percent of the players salary and it will count against the cap this year. The cap hit will be removed in the summer and payments will go back down to two-thirds for the remainder of the contract.
At this point, it doesn't appear as though the Bruins have any player they would want to buyout.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- NHL Offers New Proposal to NHLPA
- NHL and NHLPA Come to an Agreement, Ends the Lockout
- Talks Take a Step Back on Fourth Day Between NHL and NHLPA
- NHL and NHLPA Hold a Brief Meeting, not Much Gets Done
- NHLPA Exploring the Possibility of Breaking Up
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ouv