The Bruins looked much better that period, almost like a whole different team. There was jump in their strides and they looked to have energy. It resulted in two goals, one from Brad Marchand and one from Chris Bourque. But it wasn't enough as they are tied at 2.
- The power play clearly still needs some work. The players on the units, I believe are the right guys. It's just a matter of figuring out what they want to do and executing it.
- The Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin line has found it's groove. The trio were buzzing over the ice and creating chances and it lead to Marchand's goal from the slot. They are going to be deadly this year.
- There are not enough words to describe how impressive Chris Bourque has been. He keeps making plays and turning up in the rigt areas of the ice. The fact that he saw power play time increases his chances of making the team.
- If there is one line that will take a little while to get going, it's the Merlot Line. Of Shawn Thornton, Daniel Paille, and Gregory Campbell, only Paille played during the lockout, albeit for a very short time. This line has had its moments where they look good but they are few and far between. Byt the second week of the regular season I expect them to be back to normal.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Black and Gold Scrimmage First Period Thoughts
- Projecting the Bruins Forward Lines and D Pairing
- WIll the Bruins Power Play Click This Season?
- Boston Bruins Gearing up for Training Camp
- Daniel Paille Joins Exodus, Signs with Finland’s Ilves Tampere
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ov4