The Providence Bruins split their two game weekend series at St. John's. The Bruins beat the Ice Caps 3-2 in a shootout on Saturday but were blown out 6-0 on Sunday. Alden Hirschfeld and Ryan Spooner accounted for the only Bruins goals in regulation in the two games. Spooner also scored the game winner in the shootout on Saturday.
Hirschfield's goal, his first career AHL goal, came in just his second game with the Bruins and gave the Bruins the lead in second period on Friday. But the lead wouldn't last long as the Ice Caps tied the game early in the third. But Spooner got the lead back under a minute later. The Ice Caps tied the game late in the third but Spooner would give the Bruins the win in the shootout.
On Sunday, the Bruins could get nothing going and were dominated by the Ice Caps in the loss.
Niklas Svedberg started both games, making 62 saves.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Providence Continues up and Down Season, Falls to Worcester
- Manchester Shuts Out Providence 3-0, Ends Bruins Winning Streak
- Providence Holds Off Manchester for a 3-2 Win
- Providence Bruins Lose Second Straight, Fall 6-3 to the Whale
- Providence Beats Albany in Shootout for Second Straight Victory
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/n6h